Before we get started lemme just say that this post is a COLLABORATION with the beauty guru herself Anna from ‘It’s Annas Life‘ blog, she has also created a makeup look which is gorgeous (as always). You should all go and have a look at her blog, she does this kinda stuff a lot more than I do, with regular makeup tutorials and beauty related posts you’ll never miss out on the best beauty buys! Her blog is having a few technical difficulties at the moment so go and check out her amazing Instagram HERE.
Anyway, as you might have guessed already, I am showing you how to create the look I wore in my previous blog post ‘Get Ready With Me and Dr.Lipp‘. I managed to incorporate the product into my makeup look in several different ways and today I’m showing ya how…
- Firstly I created a smooth base using Dr.Lipp all over my face – leaving it to sink in. This creates the perfect tacky but moisturised base needed for a successful makeup look.
- Then I used my Forever Living Aloe Vera BB Cream which gives a natural glowy look (I freakin LOVE this stuff). I used Mac’s Fix Plus on an Original Beauty Blender to blend that into my skin.
The part I was most excited for, which I guess anyone is! I love using eyshadows (however I’m not to sure if it’s my forte?) and for this look my inspiration came from one little pot of joy – Kiko’s Long Lasting Cream Crush Eyeshadow in the shade ’03 Mat Light Mahogany’, it’s a rosey/maroon/mauve type of shade.
- I primed my eyes with Mac’s 25 Extended Eye Base (which is amazing) using my fingers to blend.
- Then I applied an opaque layer of the Kiko Cream Eyeshadow with a flat brush.
- I used a stiff blending brush to blend that out (making sure there are no harsh lines – you can take this quite high).
- For the crease I went into my Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette and used ‘Triple Fudge’ (any dark brown will do), with a pencil brush I drew a line in the crease – mostly in the out third of my eye.
- I blended this with a fluffy blender brush.
- Then I went back in with the same shade and built up the colour, focussing more on the outer V.
- Once this was all blended in I took my Dr.Lipp and applied a little onto a flat shader brush, dabbed it onto inner two thirds of my eye – you don’t need much.
- Then I patted on ‘Champagne Truffle’ (a pale highlighter would do) from my Too Faced palette again, covering all the Dr.Lipp.
- Finally I blended everything together and took a little bit of the Kiko shade higher to make it peep through above the dark brown more.
- I got a little fallout so I swept that away on a clean brush, then applied Collection’s Lasting Perfection Concealer in ‘fair 1’ under my eyes in a small triangle.
- Again I blended that in with my damp Original Beauty Blender.
- After that I powdered under my eyes using Rimmel Stay Matte, I then took this all over my face.
- I applied bronzer next, for that I used Soap an Glory Solar Powder Bronzer which is so natural I love it!
- Then highlighter – Mac Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skin Finish, I took that on the tops of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose and cupids bow.
- I brushed through my brows with a spooley.
- Then I started to fill in the upper arch with Clinique’s Super Fine Liner for Brows in the shade ‘ 02 soft brown’.
- I set them in place with Collection’s Clear Mascara.
- Then used Collections Lasting Perfection concealer to tidy up the top of them – I used the applicator to draw a line close to the top of my brows, then using my Real Techniques Mini sponges (which I mentioned in my recent blog post HERE) to blend that in. This method works a treat for me!
Lips and Lashes
Finally onto the last few steps of this makeup look, thank you for hanging in there!
- I took Colourpop’s Liquid Matte Lipstick in the shade ‘Midi’, I love this shade.
- And then applied my Dodolashes – mine were the D115’s which are gorgeous and fluttery. To get 5% off their fantastic lashes use my code ‘lifeastillyrose’, hurry quick as they are in the sale for $5!
- Finally I took my mascara and ran that through my lashes to blend them in, and put it on my bottom lashes.
And thats the look complete. If you haven’t already please check out my latest blog post to see how I would have gotten ready if I had a Valentine’s date. If you decide to recreate this makeup look then please let me know, my social medias are @lifeastilllyrose. Make sure to check out Anna’s Instagram!
If you enjoyed todays post and want to be notified every time I post (once a week- mostly) then please subscribe down below, it doesn’t take long and it’s freeeee. 🙂