The Battle Of The Mascaras

The Battle Of The Mascaras

Hands up if in the past you’ve bought about 10 different mascaras but none of them have quite made it for you? You can easily spend tonnes of money trying to find the perfect one that does everything; lengthening, volumizing and lifting. It can become a very difficult task – am I right?

But I guess with the power of bloggers and a little thing called Google, it becomes a whole lot easier. For example if you want to know what the best foundation for oily skin is on the market right now, it’s only a search away! But who really has time to search for every single product? And there’s always the thought of being mislead – should you trust these websites? Are they going to sell you the wrong product?

A company called Reviews.com got in touch with me recently to help share their findings on the top products that are on the market now. Particularly with mascaras, they have conducted 45 hours of research, testing 15 different mascaras – their research seems so thorough and precise. So if you are desperate to find the right mascara for YOU then have a read of their findings HERE. They claim that the best overall mascara is the… Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! And I can say, because I have tried it, that I would agree as it’s an AMAZING mascara. However, I have found a cheaper alternative that works just as well but at a more affordable price, therefore I did not need to repurchase.

My Favourite Mascaras:

1. Maybelline Lash Sensational

This lil hunny is my go to mascara and has been for years. It’s so easy and quick to put on which means if I’m in a rush it makes life a lot easier! Plus it’s super black already without buying the ‘Intense Black’ one, I get ‘Very Black’. I would say that it does it all, volumizes, curls, AND lengthens. However, it does seem to print onto my lower lash area after a while of wearing it, but I think any non-waterproof mascara does this, plus my bottom lashes are super long so there’s no escaping this anyway! All in all, this mascara is my favourite low cost mascara.

2.  Benefit Rollerlash

I’m absolutely hooked onto my mini travel sized Rollerlash mascara, which you can buy for half the price (and it lasts for ages!). What’s slightly different about this mascara is that it individualy grabs each lash, lengthens and curls them, which creates a beautiful fluttery look. It really performs the same as the Lash Sensational, it just comes down to price at the end of the day, and for that I’d go with the cheaper option.

Benefit seem to nail every single mascara they bring out! Including: They’re Real! , Rollerlash, I’ve also heard good things about BADgal Lash. I wonder how they manage to make it to NO.1 best selling mascara and on peoples ‘favourite mascara’ list? In comparison to the Reviews.com list, I would definitely put these two mascaras higher up there if I could, but I guess that’s just my personal preference. I do have very long, straight eyelashes and very few mascaras stand out to me, but these two for sure do!

What is your favourite mascara?

…Does is match up with the Reviews.com list?

Tilly x

20 Comments

1. August 1, 2017 / 9:13 am

I love both of these mascaras so much! Mascara is quite a must have for me because my lashes are pretty thin and fair (basically you cannot see them much😂😭) but they have a nice length. So when I put mascara on, it brings them to life!

• lifeastillyrose
      August 1, 2017 / 9:14 am

Ahh bless ya, mascara is literally a women’s must have!!😂 Thanks for reading lovely x

2. August 1, 2017 / 9:16 am

I recently got the Maybelline Lash Sensational and I agree, it’s probably one of the best mascaras I’ve ever had! Great post 🙂

• lifeastillyrose
      August 1, 2017 / 9:17 am

It’s amazing isn’t it! Thanks hun💖

3. August 1, 2017 / 9:45 am

I love Lash Sensational! I’ve never tried any Benefit products but the mascaras are definitely on my birthday wishlist (8 days to go!!) so I’ll have to let you know.
    Kate xx

• lifeastillyrose
      August 1, 2017 / 9:50 am

Ahh well I hope you get one of their mascaras as they are incredible!x

4. August 1, 2017 / 10:47 am

I haven’t used the benefit one but I’m so obsessed with the lash sensational. Can’t see myself using a different mascara, it’s so good!!
    liv xx
    livwrites.co.uk

• lifeastillyrose
      August 1, 2017 / 11:02 am

Isn’t it just!! Rollerlash is great, you should try a mini!x

5. candice
    August 1, 2017 / 11:18 am

I never tried the Benefit rollerlash before, But I am obsessed with the lash sensational mascar from Maybelline.

Beauty Candy Loves

• lifeastillyrose
      August 1, 2017 / 11:28 am

It’s so good isn’t it! Thank you for reading!xx

6. August 1, 2017 / 1:35 pm

I love the Lash Sensational! But I haven’t tried the Roller Lash. I always hear fab things about it though xx

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

• lifeastillyrose
      August 1, 2017 / 5:27 pm

Rollerlash is quite similar to lash sensational so I wouldn’t worry. It’s so good tho isn’t it!💕

• lifeastillyrose
      August 1, 2017 / 9:06 pm

Ahh aha, great minds think alike! It’s amazing, love it x

7. August 2, 2017 / 6:12 pm

Although my hair is turning darker, I’ve always had very light eyelashes, so I’m very happy to hear that even the mascara which isn’t Intense Black is still pretty black!

I truly believe mascara is the most important beauty product that a girl can have, because when people are focussing on your eyes, they won’t look at your skin! It’s all about manipulating the eye… This makes sense when you consider that the origin of ‘mascara’ as a word comes from the Italian word for ‘mask’: you’re fiddling with the truth a little bit, but looking all the more fabulous for it!

• lifeastillyrose
      August 3, 2017 / 8:35 am

Yes I have to agree mascara is the most important beauty product! Thanks for sharing that information, I never knew where the origin of ‘mascara’ came from, very interesting! Thanks again for reading x

8. August 3, 2017 / 7:36 pm

The Maybeline Lash Sensation is always my go to but I’ve never tried the roller lash. I really need to try it! Loved the post x

• lifeastillyrose
      August 3, 2017 / 7:43 pm

Thank you! Lash sensation is so good!!x

• lifeastillyrose
      August 28, 2017 / 7:59 pm

They’re all actually so good!!x