Catch Up With Me…

Catch Up With Me…

The last few weeks have been a little hectic for me, and I don’t mean to sound repetitive but it’s all down to school. I took the time out to focus on my mock exams and as much as I didn’t like not posting on Life As Tilly Rose and being inactive on social media, it allowed me to take a step back from the blogging world and observe it from a different perspective.

I realised that things are changing for my blog, we are starting to grow and reach a bigger audience, starting to develop. Which is great! But it has come at a time in my life which is crucial for me – GCSEs are right around the corner (unfortunately). And it’s proving to be very hard to balance both but I am trying. I think it’s important for any blogger to take time out, to sit in the back row and actually look at what is going on, look at how people influence others, look at your own blog from a followers perspective. Catch up with the world around you – both the real world and social media. I say the real world because it is. Sometimes there are much more important things to know about than what lipstick is on trend at the moment – as much as I love those sort of things, it can become quite exhausting. So catching up with family and friends and focussing on my school work, has been what I’ve been up to over the last few weeks.

Taking a few weeks off in order to revise and focus on my exams has almost opened up another door for me. I am proud to say that I shall be doing NCS this summer. Seeing as I have an extra long summer this year, due to my exams finishing in June, it would be silly not to take such an amazing opportunity. If you haven’t heard of NCS then click HERE – it is basically a three week programme where you stay in student accommodation, do a social action project and many water sports activities. I am super excited about it and I think it will help to push my confidence that little bit more.

Again this will probably require a break from social media and blogging but I shall hopefully have some pre written blog posts scheduled for you guys – this isn’t until July so I ain’t worrying about that now! For my actual GCSE exams, I haven’t yet decided what I am going to do, either I write a load of juicy posts in the Easter holidays or I completely take the time off. Whatever I decide to do I will try not persistently inform you of what I am doing and try not to apologise every 10 secs on Instagram for being inactive. WHATEVER I DO I WILL TRY MY BEST. 🙂

Along side this I figured that it was actually my blogs one year anniversary! YAYYY. It sounds crazy to say that, looking back at my earliest posts just feels weird. Without sounding self indulgent, my blog has come on a long way since then and I am so proud of that. Starting out as a little wordpress.com blog, I remember I used to get sooooo happy when I received at least 1 like on a blog post or even 5 views, it was the best thing ever! Now I’m pleased to say that I’m getting much more than that and I am so grateful because without you guys I wouldn’t be saying this today. Thank you for all the support I have had from my blog, you people are so kind and generous and I love that! I think that taking the back seat for a while has made me realise how lucky I am to have so many nice people following and supporting what I do.

Here’s to another year of blogging!

Tilly Rose x

12 Comments

1. March 19, 2017 / 3:44 pm

always lovely to read a new post of yours, it’s really important as you said to take some time for you and enjoy THE REAL LIFE, I wish you all the best for your exams and happy 1st bloganniversairy xo

• lifeastillyrose
      March 19, 2017 / 3:45 pm

Thank you so much!x

2. March 19, 2017 / 4:21 pm

I am also going through the struggle of balancing schooling and blogging – I’m 15 (freshmen in HS) and I agree – as my blog grows, it’s been really difficult for me to manage my actual life along with my studies with my blog and social media… Oh my goodness I remember when I received my first like on WordPress.com!!! It made me so happy… now I just became self-hosted and on April 15 it will have been a year!Btw, don’t let your blog stress you out. Don’t turn it into a job – I have tried that before and it changed the way that I wrote – my readers didn’t like it and I was EXTRMELEY stressed. So if you need a break from uploading every now and then, it’s totally ok ☺️ I used to think that I needed to upload every day on my blog – then I realized that I was only going to reach other bloggers if I did that – which is cool, but average people that were following my blog told me they preferred a really nice weekly post and a ton of social media. Which I wasn’t doing 😁So now I’ve decided to post on insta daily and my blog weekly. By the way – you were the one that really inspired me to go self-hosted haha 😂 💕

• lifeastillyrose
      March 19, 2017 / 4:40 pm

Aw thank you so much for such a lovely comment! It’s nice to be reassured. And I hope you blog goes well for you! I appreciate your advice and kindness 😘

3. March 19, 2017 / 4:45 pm

It is definitely so important to take a break from blogging and look at it from a different perspective, I have myself lately because of mocks and it’s definitely done me good! I am also really tempted to do NCS in the summer, it would really boost my confidence too!x

Erin // Everything Erin

• lifeastillyrose
      March 19, 2017 / 5:02 pm

Thank you for reading! I think it’s helped a lot having a little break for mocks. Now I’m back better than before 💪🏼x

• lifeastillyrose
      March 19, 2017 / 9:27 pm

Thank you so much Harriet!x

4. March 20, 2017 / 10:56 am

It’s definitely important to take time out of the blogging world every now and then! Good luck in your GCSE’s, I’m sure you’ll ace them! X

Kate// itskaterose.com

• lifeastillyrose
      March 20, 2017 / 10:57 am

Aw thank you sweet x

5. March 23, 2017 / 12:41 pm

Well done on the ncs thing sounds fun! I did a similar thing a few years ago had the best time. And good luck with all your exams 🙂 x

EDP-FASHION