What better timing than to be nominated for the Liebster Award AND reach your 5K view milestone AND…pass the blogging for 6 months milestone (technically 7 now!). I’m so overwhelmed at how much my blog has grown over the past half year and I only have you guys to thank for that.
A little bit about the Liebster Award as your probably all wondering what even is this award that sounds like some kind of lobster? Or is that just me? Anyway I hadn’t really come across this before and didn’t know much about it. As soon as I realised it was a big thing I was honoured to be nominated for it by My Internet Home blog. Basically it’s like receiving a ‘bloggers recognition’ award and a way for other bloggers to get to know you and discover more wonderful blogs out there too. The word ‘liebster’ has a German origin with several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued.
So again thank you so much to Kate for thinking of me to nominate, there are several rules to this which follow:
- Thank whoever nominated you
- Post 11 facts about yourself (optional)
- Answer the 11 questions you have been given
- Nominate at least 5, but no more than 11 other bloggers
- Create 11 other questions for your nominees
Don’t ask me why it’s 11, I have no idea? Lets get started with some weird and wonderful facts about me:
- I am 16
- I’m doing my GCSE’s right now and they suck!
- I have trained in Ballet and Contemporary for 5 years at something called a C.A.T programme.
- I’m a magazine hauler
- I really don’t like to read books, I’m sorry I know!
- I’m a huge shopping/fashion addict
- I love all things interior/home, especially H&M and Zara home which is to die for!
- I love colouring before bed, it really relaxes me
- Give me anything Lush and I’ll love you forever (self explanatory I guess)
- I have one half brother (6) and one older sister (18)
- I love blogging and the super kind community!
Now on to answering the questions:
How tall are you? I’m 5ft 6 // 165cm but…I’m still growing, I think, so I could get taller!
Your birthday or Christmas? THIS IS SO HARD! Even though it’s nice to have that one day allocated to your birthday celebrations the Christmas spirit is unbeatable. I love the festivity and family get together, it’s so lovely!
What’s your earliest memory? I’ve always remembered a family get together I had when I was about one, it was only a tiny snippet which is so strange! All I can recall is pushing the garden gate and being down the side of my house. So pretty boring really but it’s a hard question so please forgive me!
How long have you been blogging for? And has it always been the same blog? A tale I’ve told so many times on my blog, which is that when I was around 9 I had a blog called Fashionista Tips For Girls, where I wrote on it about 5 times, giving ‘advice’about fashion. Fortunately I think I took it down so there’s no searching google for it! In April I decided to take the plunge and get a blog again which makes it 7 months now since I’ve been blogging on Life As Tilly Rose.
Do I have any pets? Yes I do indeed, I have 2 very annoying cats. They are sisters called Tabby and Fizzy, yes I know who could have possibly come up with such ridiculous names?! Well me and my sister got gifted them as kittens when we were about 7 and 9, I named the cat called Tabby.
Who are your 3 favourite Youtubers? The Anna Edit, Lily Pebbles and Gabriella Lindley. If you haven’t already go and check them out!
If you could have any accent, what one would you choose? Funnily enough I love the Irish accent so I would definitely have that. I think it’s really sweet.
Which country is top of your to-be-visited list? Bali and Australier and India, I could go on for everrrrrrr. I love travelling and I look forward going to those places the most.
Summer, Autumn, Winter or Spring. Which season is your favourite? I love winter but I also love spring. Wrapping up in heaps of clothing and feeling all cosy and christmasy is the best bit about winter, I must admit I’m not one for the cold though! Thats why I like Spring because it’s so nice to go outside and dress a little lighter. I love the fashion in both of these seasons too!
Do you ever read magasines anymore? If so which? Yes in fact I do. I like to read the Cosmopolitan (not the rude bits) as it has some great articles in there. I also love Elle as I can always turn to it if I want to know the latest trends ect. Whenever I’m in the airport or have a long journey ahead I’m a sucker for the gossip mags like Heat and Now, I mean who isn’t?
Would you rather: Not be able to do anything to your eyebrows or not be able to wear concealer and foundation? As soon as I saw this I knew the answer straight away, it has got to be EYEBROWS! If you don’t know already I have big, dark, bushy eyebrows that need a lot of maintenance! I have to tweeze them once a week and I’m constantly perfecting them, so to not be able to do anything to them would end horrendously- I’ll have two big caterpillars of me’ forehead!
- Alice from Girl Abroad Blog
- Amelia from Rose Tinted Pics
- Lauren from Lauren Rose Bell
- Lisa from Lisa Autumn
- Eleanor from Eleanor Claudie
- Valentine from Its Just Snyx
My questions for you are…
- One thing you can’t live without?
- How long have you been blogging for and what made you start?
- Chinese or Indian takeaway?
- If you had to choose three items of make up to live with for the rest of your life- what would it be?
- Birthday or Christmas?
- Favourite place you’ve been in the world (can be in your own country)?
- Cold holidays or hot holidays?
- Three top tips you’ve learnt blogging?
- Best childhood memory?
- Matte lip or glossy lip?
- One thing you would love to learn more about?
I hope these questions aren’t too weird/rubbish, I tried! Thanks you to Kate once again, it means a lot! If you have any questions please feel free to ask in the comments or contact me @lifeastillyrose on Instagram and Twitter.
Thank you for getting me to 5K views, I’m so so grateful for every person who reads my blogposts, and comments/likes on them! Here’s to another 6 months and 5K views (thats not even imaginable right now- the views part!)
Tilly Rose x